OFDb

Stormbreaker (McGregor, Silverstone, Rourke / Choreographie: Donnie Yen)

Begonnen von StS, 6 Januar 2006, 20:30:23

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

"Stormbreaker"

Das Buch von Anthony Horowitz wird verfilmt. Es ist möglicherweise das erste einer ganzen von Verfilmungen, die sich um die Figur des 14-jährigen Alex Rider drehen. Die Reihe von Horowitz (5 Werke) verkaufte sich bislang rund 8 Millionen mal und wurde in 28 Sprachen übersetzt...

Für die Hauptrolle hat man den 15-jährigen Alex Pettyfer aus über 500 Kandidaten ausgewählt - hauptsächlich auf Wunsch des Authors, der auf ihn in dem britischen TV-Film "Tom Brown's Schooldays" (2005) aufmerksam wurde. Die Dreharbeiten laufen zur Zeit in den traditionsreichen britischen Pinewood Studios...

Regie führt Geoffrey Sax ("White Noise").

Donnie Yen sorgt für die Choreographie.

Das Budget soll zwischen 40 und 50 Millionen angesiedelt sein.

Als Darsteller sind (neben Pettyfer) mit von der Partie:

Ewan McGregor  ("the Island" / "Black Hawk Down")
Alicia Silverstone  ("Clueless" / "Scooby Doo 2")   
Mickey Rourke   ("Sin City" / "Domino")
Sophie Okonedo  ("Hotel Rwanda" / "Aeon Flux")
Damian Lewis  ("Dreamcatcher")   
Bill Nighy  ("Underworld")      
Missi Pyle  ("Big Fish")
Ashley Walters  ("House of 9")

When his guardian dies in suspicious circumstances, Alex Rider goes from schoolboy to super spy within days as his world is turned upside down. Forcibly recruited into MI6, Alex has to take part in quelling SAS training. Then, armed with his own special set of secret gadgets, he's off on his first mission. His destination is the depths of Cornwall, where middle-eastern multi-millionaire Herod Sayle is producing his state-of-the-art Stormbreaker computers. Sayle's offered to give one free to every school in the country - but MI6 thinks there's more to the gift than meets the eye. Only Alex can find out the truth. But time is running out and Alex soon finds himself in mortal danger. It looks as if his first assignment may well be his last...

Offizielle Website:
http://www.stormbreakerthemovie.com/

ZitatA star-studded cast has been lined up for the $40 million movie adaptation of Anthony Horowitz's schoolboy spy bestseller, 'Stormbreaker'.

Alex Pettyfer (who played the title character in the recent TV hit 'Tom Brown's Schooldays') will star as the 14-year-old secret agent Alex Rider, but it's the cast assembled around the youngster that's really got us excited.

Mickey Rourke, the man whose career is back from the dead following a scene-stealing performance in 'Sin City', plays Darrius Sayle, a megalomaniac businessman who doubles up as Alex's nemesis.

Bill Nighy, officially the coolest man this journalist has ever interviewed (and no, that's not just because he's a Crystal Palace fan), is Mr Blunt, Alex's spymaster at MI6.

Ewan McGregor, currently dancing up a storm in the West End production of 'Guys and Dolls', is Ian Rider, Alex's superspy uncle and guardian, while recent Oscar nominee Sophie Okonedo will play the youngster's colleague, Mrs Jones.

With Damian Lewis, Alicia Silverstone, Ashley Walters and Missi Pyle rounding out the cast, and with martial arts legend Donnie Yen co-ordinating the kung fu, 'Stormbreaker' is already shaping up to be the kind of film that will give a certain schoolboy wizard a run for his money next year.

Production kicks off on the Isle of Man next week, with much of the shoot taking place on location in London and at Pinewood Studios under the watchful eye of 'White Noise' director Geoffrey Sax.

Kennt jemand die Bücher?  :00000109:
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

lastboyscout

Der Trailer sieht schon mal nicht übel aus.
Was ich nur hoffe:
Das die Kampfszenen nicht so affig aussehen wie in "Charlie`s Angels".
Es sieht einfach bescheuert aus, wenn jemand, der keinen blassen Dunst von Kampfsport hat, sowas im Film macht.
Wirkt auch in "Matrix" ziemlich bescheuert.
Wieso kommt sowas nicht aus HK?
Jackie Wang Yu ( Sha Po Lang, Tai Chi 2 ) in die Hauptrolle als jungen Mann, und schon rockt das Teil wie Sau.
Wäre geil.
I`m a tragic hero in this game called life,
my chances go to zero, but I always will survive.
( Funker Vogt - Tragic Hero )

What is your pleasure, sir? This is mine:
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=lastboyscout

StS

Zitat von: lastboyscout am 24 Juni 2006, 01:34:52
Wieso kommt sowas nicht aus HK?
Jackie Wang Yu ( Sha Po Lang, Tai Chi 2 ) in die Hauptrolle als jungen Mann, und schon rockt das Teil wie Sau.
Wäre geil.

Weil ich ihn mir dann wohl nicht ansehen würde .... und viele, viele andere wohl auch nicht. ;)

schlitzauge23

Der Trailer sieht echt gut aus! bin gespanntauf den Film. Choreagrophie: Donnie Yen? wahnsinn!  :respekt:

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020